In this section, you’ll find a quick guide to using your My Caterer account.
To register free with My Caterer:
- go to My Caterer
- click on the register button
- enter your first name and surname
- enter your email address
- choose and confirm a password
- click the submit button
Existing My Caterer users
- If you are an existing user and have a record of your email address and password, simply:
- go to the My Caterer page
- enter your email address and password in the existing users box
- click the submit button
If you’ve forgotten your password, click the Forgotten your password link.
Keep me logged in
If you would like Caterer.com to remember you next time you visit the site, leave the "keep me logged in..." box ticked. If you use a shared computer, please note this option does not give anyone else access to your personal data (CV), you have to log in to view this information.
If you’ve forgotten your password when you go to log in, click on the Forgotten your password link. You will be presented with a screen in which you need to enter your email address. Click on submit and your password will be emailed to your mailbox.
Your candidate profile/CV
To go into our candidate database and allow recruiters to find you, you need to complete a candidate profile/CV. To do this:
- log into My Caterer
- go to view my profile or Upload your CV
- fill in the questionnaire
The purpose of this is to create a file of information on you that you control, and that recruiters can search. Once you have completed the form, you can decide how much of this information you want recruiters to be able to see.
Privacy and your candidate profile/CV
At the end of the questionnaire, you can choose whether you want recruiters to be able to see:
- all the information in your profile/CV
- your work experience and new job requirements, but not your personal details or CV
- none of your profile/CV
Creating your candidate profile
This is a quick guide to filling in some of the fields on the Caterer.com candidate profile.
- Title: Mr, Mrs or Miss etc
- First name:
- Family name:
- Home phone: Number you can be reached on outside working hours.
- Mobile Phone: Number you can be reached on during working hours.
- SMS check box Click this box if you are happy for recruiters to contact you via SMS (text message) there is no charge to you.
- Country of residence: Click the drop down arrow to select a country.
- Home postcode: Enter your home postcode. This is used by recruiters to narrow their search for candidates.
- Email address: We pre-fill this with the email address you applied online with. If you want to change this email address, please submit the profile, and then log into your My Totaljobs account and go to the account details section.
Your CV must be a MS Word (*.doc), MS Word 2007 (*.docx), Rich Text Format (*.rtf) or Acrobat (*.pdf) file and should be no larger than 100k. Please make sure your document is not password protected.
Click the 'Browse...' button and follow the prompts to locate your CV, for example it may be saved on your home PC. Or you can type its location in the CV box. If, at a later date, you want to update your CV with a new version you can do so by clicking the 'remove' link, and repeating the above process to update the online copy.
Please note, your CV is not saved to your profile until you click on submit at the bottom of the page. If you need to edit your CV, please upload a newer version as it is not possible to edit the online version.
Industry/sector experience: Tick one or more options to show the areas of your experience.
Employer type: Tick one or more options to show the areas of your experience.
Years of experience: Click the drop down to select the number of years that most closely matches how long you have been working overall.
Current job title/ function: your current role or job title
Current salary/rate: Use the first drop-down menu to indicate whether your income is an annual salary, daily rate or hourly rate. Select your salary amount from the second menu.
List your key skills: Give a brief outline of what your hard and soft skills are. Hard skills are qualifications and training, soft skills are acquired experience such as leadership.
Additional languages: Use the drop down to indicate language abilities other than English. These are languages that you would be comfortable using in a business environment. You can select more than one language.
- Highest qualification: indicate your highest educational qualification.
Your next move
- Personal summary: give a brief outline of the type of work you are looking for.
- Desired job title/function: enter the job or role you are looking for.
- Desired Location: Use the drop down to select the area where you prefer to work. Select the option 'Any location' to indicate willingness to relocate. You can select more than one location.
- Desired salary/rate: Use the first drop down to indicate a whether your desired income should be an annual salary, daily rate or hourly rate. From the second drop down you can select the amount you are looking for.
- Type of position: Use the first drop down to select the kind of position you want, Select 'Any' if you are willing to consider all options. You can select more than one position type. From the second drop down you can select whether you are looking for full time or part time work, or type your requirement. Select 'Any' if you are willing to consider either option.
Choose the answer that applies to you for all questions.
If you’re unsure, or for more information on eligibility, take a look at our complete guide to Working in the UK / EU.
Jobseeker Profile privacy options
The Jobseeker Profile privacy options allow you to do the following:
- If you want recruiters to be able to see ALL of the information in your Jobseeker Profile, including your Personal details and CV, work experience information and new job requirements you can do so by selecting the first radio button.
- If you want recruiters to be able to see your work experience information and new job requirements but NOT your personal details or your CV you can do so by selecting the middle radio button. (This option is not available on the jobseeker profile form that is shown after you apply for a job)
- If you do not want recruiters to be able to view any of your Jobseeker Profile information you can do so by selecting the last radio button.
Instant job match
Instant job match compares all new jobs on Caterer.com with your candidate profile. If a new job matches the experience and requirements you’ve specified, Instant job match emails that job to you. You can:
The settings for Instant job matches only appear on the My Caterer page once you’ve created a candidate profile.
- set the maximum number of jobs you want to receive in a day
- suspend the service for a period of time
- turn it off completely
Jobs by email
You can use Jobs by email (JBE) to get jobs that match your skills emailed to you from Caterer.com.
To set it up:
Click on view sample results to see current jobs that match your criteria. If you’re not happy with the type of jobs that appear, go back to the lists to change your criteria.
- go to Jobs by email
- pick the information that is most relevant to you from the lists
- add any relevant keywords
When you are happy with your JBE criteria, click on the continue button to activate the emails.
Managing Jobs by email (JBE) alerts
When you go to My Caterer your JBE alerts will be displayed in the Jobs by email section. There are three buttons next to this listing:
You can have up to three email alerts set up at any one time.
- send email: click on this button to receive emails (this is the default setting)
- don’t send email: clicking on this button will stop you receiving emails but will save the alerts for use later
- delete (X): click on this button to completely remove JBE from your account
You can also specify how you would like to view the emails, in plain text or HTML.
This area of My Caterer keeps a record of any jobs you have applied for online, using Caterer.com. For each job you can see:
- the name of the job, which links to a full description of the job
- the date the job was advertised
- the date on which you applied for the job
- the name of the company advertising it
- a contact email address for the job
My Caterer account details
This options and settings section – that appears when you log in to My Caterer – allows you to:
- change the email address you use to log in to My Caterer
- change the password you use to log in to My Caterer
- edit your email subscription options
- close your account on Caterer.com
Change your email address
You can do this in the options and setting section that appears when you log in to My Caterer. Enter your new address and click on submit. You will be logged out of My Caterer and will need to log in again using your new email address.
Change your password
You can change your password in the options and setting section that appears when you log in to My Caterer. Enter a new password; enter it again to confirm it, and then click on submit. You will be logged out of My Caterer and will need to log in again using your new password.
Closing your My Caterer account
You can do this in the options and setting section that appears when you log in to My Caterer. Click on the close my account button. You will then see the Close My Caterer account page. Click on the close my account button. You will be asked to confirm your choice. If you continue, your account will be closed, and all your data erased from our database.
Email subscription options: use the check boxes to show whether you want to receive job and career information matched to your criteria by email, and if you would like to receive interesting offers from Caterer.com partner companies.
When you’ve finished with your session on My Caterer, click the log out button at the top of the page. You will see a page confirming that you have logged out.
One-click apply lets you apply for jobs quickly, using a stored CV and cover letter. All you need to do is log in to your account - or register, if you haven't already done so - and upload a default CV and cover note. Your CV and cover note will then be sent to the recruiter each time you click on the one-click apply button next to a job.