In this section, you'll find a quick guide to some of the information features on Caterer.com.
Using the Job Basket
Job Basket is a feature that allows you to store the jobs you are interested in, while you are viewing job results or job details pages. You can then go back and apply for all these jobs in one go.
To save a job to your basket, click on the 'add' link next to the basket icon, on the results or job details page. If you change your mind, just click on the ticked basket icon to remove it from your basket, or go to the job basket page.
Once you have finished viewing your results, click on the job basket link near the top of the page you are on, and you will see the job basket page. This page is divided into two sections. In the first section are all the jobs that you can apply for in one go. In the second section are jobs that must be applied for individually because the recruiter has specified a different apply process.
To apply for multiple jobs, tick the square check box next to each job you want to apply for (to help you, they are all pre-ticked), then click on the 'Apply for selected jobs' button.
Your job basket only remains for the time you are on the site and will empty as soon as you move off the site or close your browser. You can only store up to 20 jobs at any one time.
In this section you can find information on companies advertising with Caterer.com. Current job vacancies and contact details are displayed, along with more detailed information about the company/links to company websites, when available.
You can search:
- Alphabetically using the letters on the page
- Using the drop-down menu to search by employer type � all the companies whose main lines of business fall within this category will be displayed.
- By typing in the name, or part of the name, of the company you are looking for.
Use our salary checker to find out the average minimum and maximum salary advertised on the site for the type of job you're interested in. It is updated weekly to ensure the most accurate information is included. Simply select a location and job type, then click the submit button.
This area is for companies and agencies that advertise with us on Caterer.com. You can find out what services we offer and how we can help with your recruitment needs.
Find out more about Caterer.com's services to recruiters
When you register with My Caterer, you can sign up for Jobs by email, Create a candidate profile/CV, automatically record your online job applications and more.
Go to instructions for using My Caterer
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply work-seekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable work-seeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a work-seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the work-seeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the work-seeker or the recruiter for the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether work-seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose work-seekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a work-seeker; or
- make any arrangements for accommodation of work-seekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the "Regulations") seek to ensure that work-seekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered work-seekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since we are only a venue and do not propose or introduce work-seekers to recruiters or vice versa, it is recommended that, if you are a work-seeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a work-seeker�s suitability for the role.
These could include:
- If you are a work-seeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a work-seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
- If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the work-seeker and that the work-seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a work-seeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where work-seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the work-seeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the work-seeker. For more details of how to undertake a criminal records bureau check, please click here.
Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
Apply using an application form
Some recruiters prefer you to apply for their jobs using a predefined process, usually involving an application form. In order to apply by this method, you will need to download the recruiters' document(s) from our site, using the buttons provided. Recruiters who use this method will usually provide guidance notes as to their application process, which may be one of the documents you will need to download. The recruiter also has an opportunity to provide some instructions for applicants, which you can find in the "How to apply for this job" panel on the download page.