Assistant Front of House Manager - Canopy by Hilton London City
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Front of House Enthusiast to join the team at Canopy by Hilton London City.
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, you will be responsible for the successful management of all the front desk operations and creating a unique guest journey experience from beginning to end.
- Take ownership of the Front of House team in the absence of the Front of House Manager
- Implement and review departmental policies, SOPs and other training programmes ensuring they are in line with UK’s regulations and Hilton's standards.
- Responsible to control the departmental budget, ensuring that that productivity and performance levels are attained.
- Operate in compliance with Canopy by Hilton brand standards and all local laws and government regulations.
- Lead the front of house team in the day-to-day operations, ensuring its high quality, maintaining & exceeding standards and meeting the expectations of the guests on a daily basis.
- Ensure compliance with all Front Desk, Concierge, Switchboard Operations, standards and procedures including all relevant Brand Standards.
- Ensure the team are trained regularly and adhere to all hotel policies and procedures including H&S and Fire Safety.
- Display leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Provide services that meet and exceed guest expectations at every turn, ensuring ongoing repeat business and loyalty from our guests.
- Responsible for the successful execution and continuous success of the Hilton Honors program within the hotel.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members. Serve as a role model to always demonstrate appropriate behaviours within the business by leading from the front by demonstrating a positive can-do attitude.
About the Hotel
Canopy by Hilton London City is part of 4C Hotel group. 4C Hotel group is an international hotel operator and developer. Our core values are, care, constant innovation, communicate and conscience. At 4C Hotels, we believe in nurturing opportunities for people to grow and developing order to reach their true potential, both in our industry and within the broader community.
We are the FIRST Canopy by Hilton in the UK and with our 340 bedroom the largest of the brand with a destination restaurant, a café bar on the ground floor and a rooftop bar with views of the city.
The hotel is an upscale lifestyle hotel in the neighbourhood offering simple, guest directed service, thoughtful local choices, and surprisingly comfortable spaces so guests simply feel better going forward. We create a positive stay.
About the opportunity
- Competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- Company holiday allowance which will increase with length of service
- Healthcare cashback plan (HSF) – Inc: Perkbox and Employee Assist Helpline
- Hilton worldwide discounted employee/friends and family room rates
- Social events throughout the year
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Learning & Development opportunities
About the candidate
A qualified Front of House enthusiast ideally with experience in Hilton Hotels and at least 2 years’ experience in the upscale market in a similar role. Comprehensive knowledge of OnQ PMS is a must. Hotel opening experience is highly desirable.
- You will be a strong relationship builder and be confident in any decision-making process.
- You will demonstrate a positive leadership style and creative thinking.
- Be an advocate of empowerment and have the ability to motivate the team and develop a strong succession plan.
- You will have the ability to communicate internally with relevant departments to ensure the team is setup for success, be able to work under pressure and adapt according to business needs.
- A dynamic team player with a flexible approach and have experience in managing a team to successfully achieve the hotel’s goals.
- You must have outstanding planning skills, we want you to be able to manage multiple projects with a close attention to detail and willingness to be flexible.
- You will enjoy solving problems swiftly with creative and solutions, offering advice and recommendations.
- You will be passionate about providing exceptional customer service, lead by example and be able to create a positive atmosphere for the team.
- You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible for this role, documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
If you feel you have all the skills and experience mentioned above, then please apply to join our team today!
4C hotel group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustain an inclusive culture.