Guest Relations Manager ** New Opening Hotel ** Canopy by Hilton London City
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Guest Relations Manager to join the opening team at Canopy by Hilton London City.
Reporting to the Front of House Manager, you will be the main lead in creating a positive stay for our guests from pre-arrival to post departure. Ideally, you will have a solid understanding of Hilton Brand Standards, Property Management System and will be eager to discover our local neighbourhood, local attractions and have a passion to share your local knowledge with our guests. You will be in charge of maximising guest satisfaction, measured through SALT and Tripadvisor.
This highly rewarding role will fit an individual with a keen eye for guest experience and satisfaction, a real Hospitality Enthusiast who, will guide our collaborative to achieve our goal of being in the top 25 TripAdvisor recommended hotels in London.
- Take ownership of guest experience indicators set by Canopy by Hilton
- Have extensive experience with Property Management Systems, (ONQ experience desirable)
- Action plans should be constantly implemented to guarantee both guest satisfaction and a motivated and encouraged team
- Expresses enthusiasm, energy and positive vibes within the organisation and always acts according to company ethics and values.
- Coordinating the requirements of VIPs on a daily basis (VIP reports, room inspections, amenities, welcome letters, welcome gifts etc.)
- Is in constant contact with guests in order to know their level of satisfaction at all times
- Acts upon guest feedback to continuously improve experiences. Ensure that guest feedbacks and preferences are updated in CRM profiles for the future reference.
- Promoting and nurturing positive relationships in the local area strengthening our position in the marketplace
- Seeking opportunities to surprise and delight our guests
- Is fully knowledgeable of the daily results and events in the hotel (Occupancy, average room rate, TripAdvisor ranking, reviews, groups in house, Media, Influencers and other VIPs)
- Ensure compliance with all standards and procedures including all relevant Brand Standards across the various departments.
- Strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Serve as a role model to always demonstrate appropriate behaviours within the business by leading from the front by demonstrating a positive can-do attitude.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
About the Hotel
Canopy by Hilton London City is part of 4C Hotel group. 4C Hotel group is an international hotel operator and developer. Our core values are, care, constant innovation, communicate and conscience. At 4C Hotels, we believe in nurturing opportunities for people to grow and developing order to reach their true potential, both in our industry and within the broader community.
Canopy is an upscale lifestyle brand of Hilton and is the energizing, hotel in the neighbourhood offering simple, guest directed service, thoughtful local choices, and surprisingly comfortable spaces so guests simply feel better going forward. We create a positive stay.
Canopy London City is due to open this summer with 340 bedrooms, a destination restaurant, a café bar on the ground floor and a rooftop bar with views of the city. The hotel will be the first under Hilton’s Canopy Brand in the UK.
About the opportunity
- Competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays which will increase through length of service
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare cashback plan (HSF) – Inc: Perkbox and Employee Assist Helpline
- Hilton worldwide discounted employee/friends and family room rates
- Social events throughout the year including annual awards celebrations
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Learning & Development opportunities
About the candidate
A qualified Guest Relations Manager ideally with experience in Hilton Hotels and at least 2 years’ experience in a front of house role within an upscale hotel environment. Comprehensive knowledge of PMS is highly desirable.
- You will be a strong relationship builder and be confident in any decision-making process.
- You will demonstrate a positive leadership style and creative thinking. You will be an advocate of empowerment and have the ability to motivate the team and develop a strong succession plan.
- You will have the ability to communicate internally with relevant departments to ensure the team is set up for success, be able to work under pressure and adapt according to business needs.
- You will be a dynamic team player with a flexible approach and have experience in managing a team to successfully achieve the hotel’s goals.
- You must have outstanding planning skills. We want you to be able to manage multiple projects at once with a close attention to detail and willingness to be flexible.
- You will enjoy solving problems swiftly with creative and solutions, offering advice and recommendations.
- You will be passionate about providing exceptional customer service, lead by example and be able to create a positive atmosphere for the team.
- You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible for this role, documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
If you feel you have all the skills and experience mentioned above, then please apply to join the Canopy Collaborative, we call it collaborative because we work together!
4C hotel group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustain an inclusive culture.
No agencies please.