The Hilton at the Ageas Bowl is a fantastic new offering answering to a growing demand for upscale accommodation among both leisure and business travellers from within the UK and overseas. A hotel of choice for both the savvy business traveller who recognises and values true comfort, business convenience and assurance of quality and efficiency, as well as the leisure traveller who wants the combination of location, style and relaxation.
We offer 171 Guest Rooms including 7 Suites and a Presidential Suite, the first eforea spa in the south UK and the largest hotel meeting facility in the region for up to 700 delegates. An ideal venue and location with direct access to Southampton Airport, Southampton Cruise terminal and other leisure attractions. The Solent Region has a broad range of activities available to our guests, the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl will be seen as the destination itself, offering true Hilton hospitality, whilst having the opportunity to watch domestic and international cricket. A great destination where guests can be themselves, hosting business meetings, sight seeing or just purely relaxing.
The Ageas Bowl is the iconic home of Hampshire Cricket, located on the outskirts of Southampton. The world-class venue, defined by its contemporary architecture, is set in 150 acres of landscaped grounds and is serviced by excellent transport links. The Ageas Bowl is a truly exceptional multi-purpose venue, capable of hosting events spanning from large regional exhibitions to intimate corporate breakfast meetings and almost any bespoke event in between.
We are now looking for full time, permanent Night Porter to report into the Night Manager at the Hilton Ageas Bowl.
Main responsibilities include:
- Completion of night checklist and responsible for running the night audit in the absence of the Night Manager
- To assist team members and deal with guests specific requests and according the the 'Make it Right' mandate
- To deal with any guests requests during the night shift which includes delivering newspapers, making and delivering room service orders etc
- Assist guests by checking them in and out via the OnQ system, and helping with luggage
- To assist in the coordination of other departments from 10:30p.m. to 7.00 a.m.
- To ensure that all fire and emergency exits are kept clear at all times and complete the walk around the stadium at least 3 times per evening shift
- To be aware of any security warnings concerning undesirable persons, either for Financial or criminal reasons or being sought after by the police.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the use of the fire panel, intruder alarm and CCTV systems.
- To ensure that all areas operate in line with the Health & Safety Act.
- To set up functions rooms when needed
- Others duties as assigned by management.
- At least 1 years of experience in a similar role in a hotel environment
- OnQ knowledge would be considered as a great asset
- Good communication skills
- Presentable and professional appearance
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
Is this you?