Painter & Decorator ** New Opening Hotel ** Canopy by Hilton London City
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Painter & Decorator to join the opening team at Canopy by Hilton London City.
What about the job?
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the décor of our guest bedrooms, public areas, and food and beverage outlets.
- To carry out any internal and external painting and decorating tasks with a durable and quality finish.
- To prepare surfaces and apply paints, stains, shading stains, and clear finishes.
- Maintain a clean work environment, clean up job site after working and return equipment and tools.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the highest professional standards, adhering to Health and Safety legislation, policies and best practice guidelines.
- Follow Hotel O&M manuals and make sure the correct product and finish is applied
- Carry out Bedroom and public area PPM and complete actions within agreed time frame.
- Adhering to department operating standards, goals, objectives and performance
- Keeping the stock register up to date so there are enough supplies
What about you?
- An experienced all-rounder, with an emphasis on Painter / Decorator responsibilities
- You will be comfortable working alongside our guests, management team, contractors, suppliers and all team members.
- Confident in maintaining the décor of our guest bedrooms, public areas, food and beverage outlets and back of house.
- Good Understanding of H&S and COSHH regulations
- A Hotel Painter & Decorator with 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the hospitality sector, is desirable
- Qualifications in one or more trades including painting, decorating and construction, is desirable
- The successful candidate will be required to work flexible hours, weekends, and/or bank holidays
- You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible for this role, documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
About the Hotel
Canopy by Hilton London City is part of 4C Hotel group. 4C Hotel group is an international hotel operator and developer. Our core values are, care, constant innovation, communicate and conscience. At 4C Hotels, we believe in nurturing opportunities for people to grow and developing order to reach their true potential, both in our industry and within the broader community.
Canopy is an upscale lifestyle brand of Hilton and is the energizing, hotel in the neighbourhood offering simple, guest directed service, thoughtful local choices, and surprisingly comfortable spaces so guests simply feel better going forward.
Canopy London City is due to open Q3 2021 with 340 bedrooms, a destination restaurant, a café bar on the ground floor and a rooftop bar with views of the city. The hotel will be the first under Hilton’s Canopy Brand in the UK.
About the opportunity
- Free meals on duty and uniform provided
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays which will increase through length of service
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare cashback plan (HSF) inc: Perkbox and Employee Assist Helpline
- Hilton worldwide discounted employee/friends and family room rates plus 50% F&B discount
- Social events throughout the year
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Learning & Development opportunities
If you feel you have all the skills and experience mentioned above, then please apply to join the Canopy by Hilton London City Collaborative!
4C hotel group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustain an inclusive culture.