Restaurant & Café Manager ** New Opening Hotel ** Canopy by Hilton London City
We have an exciting opportunity for a Restaurant & Café Manager to join the opening team at Canopy London City.
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, the Restaurant & Café manager will be fully responsible for managing the daily restaurant and café operations, assisting with menu planning, maintaining sanitation standards, and assisting servers and hosts on the floor during key service periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are always demonstrated within all food and beverage areas to all our guests and colleagues alike.
PENNY SQUARES is our specialty casual dining restaurant set in a rustic and organic setting, serving artisan breakfast in the morning and freshly made clay oven inspired dishes made with local, sustainable ingredients in the evenings.
FREEDOM CAFE is at the heart of Canopy Central, it is the perfect place to eat, drink, work, relax or socialise. Enjoy craft coffee roasted in the neighbourhood, unique cocktails and get a taste of the latest local drinks every evening.
About the role
- Lead the daily operation of the restaurant and café ensuring a positive guest experience
- Responsible for the recruitment, induction, training & development of all front and back of house team members
- Drive a team culture of learning i.e., Brand standards, menu items, local area knowledge etc.
- Carry out regular job chats, performance reviews and coaching sessions
- To actively be involved in sales and marketing activities
- To work within budgeted costs regarding payroll and expenses for the outlet
- Liaise wit F&B Director and Head Chef on a daily basis
- To ensure the outlets are safe and all equipment is in good working order at all times
- Awareness of health and safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the outlet
- Ensure that outlet’s KPIs are achieved
- Implement and embrace F&B operating policies and procedures
- Create a service strategy with the objective of setting us apart from our competitors and exceed guest expectations
- You will be a mentor and ensure that training and development are key areas of focus within the department
We are looking for an enthusiastic Restaurant Manager who is flexible, approachable, and sociable in nature. The ideal candidate will have a passion for service excellence and a solid food and beverage background with at least 2 years as at a manager level. Pre-opening experience a plus!
In addition, to be successful in this role you will need:
- Self motivation and a passion for hospitality
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Experience in a high customer turnover restaurant
- A positive, calm and ambitious mindset
- Proficiency in Point of sale software, booking platforms and guest satisfactory tracking software including SALT
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be eligible for this role
About the hotel
Canopy by Hilton London City is part of 4C Hotel group. 4C Hotel group is an international hotel operator and developer. Our core values are, care, constant innovation, communicate and conscience. At 4C Hotels, we believe in nurturing opportunities for people to grow and developing order to reach their true potential, both in our industry and within the broader community.
Canopy is an upscale lifestyle brand of Hilton and is the energizing, hotel in the neighbourhood offering simple, guest directed service, thoughtful local choices, and surprisingly comfortable spaces so guests simply feel better going forward. We create a positive stay.
Canopy London City is due to open this summer with 340 bedrooms, a destination restaurant, a café bar on the ground floor and a rooftop bar with views of the city. The hotel will be the first under Hilton’s Canopy Brand in the UK.
About the benefits
- Competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays which will increase through length of service
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare cashback plan (HSF)
- Hilton worldwide discounted employee/friends and family room rates
- Social events throughout the year including annual awards celebrations
- Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
- Learning & Development opportunities
If you feel you have all the skills and experience mentioned above, then please apply to join our team today!
4C hotel group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustain an inclusive culture.
No agencies please.