Sous Chef - Boutique Hotel - 26k plus benefits
Our cilent is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. It is currently being developed and there are plans to add a spa in the future as well. It is a 60 bedroom property with 15 function/conference rooms.
The Sous Chef role reports to the Head Chef with responsibility for all aspects of food production from sourcing suppliers to delivering excellence in dishes. They are looking for a Chef who wants to develop the food offering at the hotel.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for;
- Recruitment, training and coaching team of 6 Chefs and 3 Kitchen Porters - adding to your team as the business grows
- The menu planning, supplier resourcing, ordering, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking and service across the range of food areas within the Hotel
- Development of menu ideas to progress the food offering to achieve rosette standards across all areas of service; restaurant, banqueting, afternoon tea, corporate functions
- Ensure compliance with HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety legislation.
- Achieving gross profit targets on dishes to allow for future investment in the facilities and staffing
- Creating passion, flair and drive in your team to assist the hotel to achieve its quality and business objectives. Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
It is a varied business offering catering to Hotel Guests, In-house Conference Delegates, as well as guests from the local area. It is also a popular wedding venue with weddings taking place in the 3 wedding suites.Requirements
- Experience of developing a quality hotel restaurant to rosette standard
- Proven record of team selection and retention that supports the development of excellent standards
- Demonstrate during a cooking trial the practical ability and flair that will be required to drive and motivate others on the team to achieve
- Demonstrate ideas of how the food offering can be developed and standards improved when being interviewed
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
- Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
A great opportunity for an experienced Sous Chef.C&E Recruitment is a specialist hospitality recruitment agency. We have permanent positions available at all levels within the hospitality sector. Should this vacancy not match your skill set please feel free to still click on the 'apply now' button and you will be contacted about other suitable positions. All candidates must be able to demonstrate that you are either an UK / EU resident, or hold a relevant and valid work permit or visa to live and work in the UK