A great opportunity to join a brigade of skilled chefs in a kitchen that focuses on quality and proper techniques. Further opportunities to advance your career with Chop Bloc as we grow and expand our business.
Chop Bloc specializes in high quality meats and our attention to detail in the cooking process produces the best tasting and most succulent meat.
Chop Bloc makes everything in house from our fresh baked brioche buns to butchering our own beef and producing our own burger patties. You won't find any microwaves in our kitchen!
At Chop Bloc we pride ourselves on providing a unique dining experience as well as a great working environment thus full training will be given in house by our experienced Head Chef alongside the Chop Bloc management team.
This role would suit an experienced candidate looking to advance their careers within a team of like minded chefs. Immediate start available.
As a member of our Chef team we see the following list of responsibilities as part of the job role:
- To adhere to all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety policies to support Chop Bloc ethos of a safe and happy working environment protecting our guests and staff alike.
- To exceed our guests expectations from arrival to departure.
- To learn and retain a great understanding of our food and drink offering thus being able to ensure maximum benefit to our guest.
- To show initiative and foresight during each shift with us.
- To bring a positive attitude towards each shift you work contributing to great teamwork and a courteous approach when dealing with other departments within the restaurant.
- To maintain the culture and vision of Chop Bloc by displaying these in your work ethic and productivity every shift you work.
Other tasks and duties are as varied as the job itself and are listed below and where appropriate training will be provided:
- To prepare cook and plate all food according to Chop Bloc recipe guidelines and standards
- To maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and food safety throughout each day
- To maximize R.O.I. by controlling waste and portioning to Chop Bloc recipe guidelines and standards
- Ensure all food and drink is stored and dated correctly
- Maintain the highest level of Health and Safety by adhering to all Chop Bloc risk assessments and training, especially with regards to our equipment and machinery
- Ensure all guests dietary requirements / special needs are met supporting Chop Bloc own policy on this.
- Ensure all HACCP procedures and policies are adhered to.
- Closedowns and openings are carried out within the framework of Chop Bloc closedown / open checklists.
- Although some duties are specific to each job Role most are where the whole team are responsible.
- Ensure appropriate uniform and PPE are warn at all times AND meet the job requirements as per Chop Bloc standards / Risk Assessments of task involved.
- To understand responsibilities to Fire procedures Emergency Aid and COSHH in relation to job role.